Wednesday, March 5, 2008

What's with the toes?!?!


These socks are knit from Noro Kureyon sock yarn. I loved the colors as soon as I saw the skein at Yarntopia. I carefully studied the pattern of the colorway when I started the first sock and made sure to start the second sock at the same point in the pattern. Everything went swimmingly until yesterday evening when I got to the toe. What the heck! Oh well, I do like the socks. The yarn was a bit scatchy as I knit it, but folks told me that the yarn would "bloom" once washed. Yep, that is what happened. I used my usual top down, short row heel and toe formula. I plan to send them off to Amy for display at Yarntopia for a bit. She wants to show her customers what the yarn looks like when knit up. I hope the surprise ending is okay with them.

1 comment:

amylovie said...

Weird. They still look great.

Amy