Tuesday, September 11, 2007

France, Chapter 2: Who was there









Our tour was lead by Kristeen Griffin-Grimes, a.k.a French Girl. Her husband Phil and son Deva kept us on the road and organized. I don't have good photos of Phil and Deva because they were alway on the move.




Our classes were lead by Annie Modisett, a.k.a. the Knitting Heretic. She's the one in the foreground. She is just about the wittiest teacher I ever had. We laughed almost as much as we knitted. We learned about combination knitting, using a chart for lace, cabling without a cable needle, a super way to bind off, entrelac, and a really nice bobble technique.






We were pleased to meet Miriam Tegels, the World's Fastest Knitter, a la Guinness Book of World records. She is from Holland and is a delightful person. She gave us a demonstration of her technique.



















My beautiful daughter Amy was there, of course. I just had to post this photo. It is so lovely, it almost makes me weep. It was taken in Pezenas, which you will learn about in another post.

















Amy's business partner Sheryl was there too. This photo was taken in Collioure, a town on the Meditteranean.














Tune in next time for Chapter 3, Where we went.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It looks like you had a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing your pictures. Amy does look beautiful. Sheryl looks like she didn't know her picture was being taken but she still looks goods. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Unknown said...

Love the picture of Amy! She is indeed a beautiful daughter. (I know, I have one too...lol)

Whitney said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! :)

Also, I love yarntopia and I love Amy's brown shrug/cardi she's wearing in the pic on your post here. I assume she made it, but do you know the pattern she used?

Thanks again.