Thursday, July 19, 2007

First post on my new blog

Okay, so I haven't been blogging for almost a year. I now have high speed internet, so I thought I would start all over and make a new blog. I am very out of practice with posting pictures, so I am not going to do that with this post. It is enough that I got the blog set up and my cartoon on there. I don't know how to transfer stuff from my old blog to this one, so in case anyone out there needs to review, you will just have to go to my old blog, mamenagerie.blogspot.com.

I better explain the title of this blog. When all my children were still at home and they would ask me what I wanted for Christmas, birthday, Mother's Day, or whatever, I would reply "I don't need anything. All I want is peace, harmony, and a clean house." I never got it. Being retired and an empty-nester, I now have peace and harmony, but the clean house usually eludes me. But that is my own fault.

9 comments:

amylovie said...

Now "never" is a strong word. Maybe you got it once or twice. :)

Welcome back Mom!

Amy

Whitney said...

Thank you for responding about the adorable skirt you knit your granddaughters. I think I should be able to manage it with the instruction you gave...and the yarn is so cute (almost as cute as the kids). THANKS!

Mary Ann said...

I am making a comment on my own blog because I seem to have trouble commenting on others. I will try an new approach and see if it works.

Jennifer said...

Hey, you're back to blogging! It's great to read you again. :-)

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about a clean house. I am a new empty-nester and it is really worse, since my daughter used to do all the dishes! No fair...

www.bethelscrafttalk.blogspot.com

thatfarmgirl said...

Welcome back!

knittingnurse said...

Yeah! I'm so glad to see and read that you are back.

Love the new name. I might have to steal that line, btw! >wink<

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

Yay! I was missing you!

And P.S. Congratulations on the latest little member of our proud family tree. :)

JustApril said...

That clean house thing is a tough one. I'm secretly glad that it's not just me that it evades.