Sunday, August 5, 2007

I've always wanted to give my husband the finger.

Not really. He is a wonderful guy. However he is sometimes jealous of the time I spend knitting. So I try to find things to knit for him, which isn't easy. He has a very conservative taste in clothing and doesn't light bright colors. He also doesn't think it gets cold enough for sweaters in Texas. But I am just about finished with a successful project that I think pleases him. These are gloves knit from Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere. The cotton is good because his wool gloves gave him a rash last winter. The pattern is from Knitty.com and is call Cigar Gloves. The pattern as shown on the website has open ends on the thumb, index, and middle fingers so that the wearer can smoke while keeping his hands warm. Since my husband doesn't smoke, I just finished all fingers to the end. I'm using two size 3 circulars. The pattern calls for size 5, but I had to go down a bit to get gauge.





I am having fun knitting these. This is the first time I have ever made gloves. I haven't even knit mittens. And I like using two circulars. I plan to do the 2 circs thing with the next pair of socks I make.

Update: Since Blogger seems to have been off line most of yesterday afternoon and evening, by the time I finally got this posted, I had finished the second glove and presented the pair to my DH. Just imagine the left glove with all five fingers done. It looks just like the right one.

3 comments:

amylovie said...

They turned out awesome Mom. Maybe you should make yourself some opera glove for the ballet this year.

Amy

Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I laughed out loud at the title!!

Theresa said...

They look great! I always find gloves tricky, but I'm going to try again for my sister.